These Three Firms Made $15 Million On Oil Trades Right Before Trump Iran War Announcement, Report Says

Date:

Share post:

Topline

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission is looking into oil futures trades made by at least three previously unreported firms on March 23, just before Trump announced a ceasefire extension with Iran, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Key Facts

Regulators are reportedly interested in trades made by Qube Research & Technology, Totsa (the trading wing of French oil company TotalEnergies) and Forza Fund Ltd—while the investigation was reported earlier this month, the companies were previously unreported.

Trades on March 23 netted Qube $5 million, Totsa $200,000, and Forza Fund about $10 million, according to documents reviewed by the Journal—just a small portion of the reported $800 million that circulated that day.

The firms have not been accused of wrongdoing and did not confirm they were under investigation to the Journal, and Forbes has reached out to Qube and Totsa for further comment on the reported regulatory scrutiny.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

John McEnroe Says Carlos Alcaraz Injury Opens The Door For Novak Djokovic At Slams

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 02: Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates winning match point against Vit Kopriva of Czechia...

What Will The Case Against Alex Murdaugh Look Like In Retrial? Investigative Journalist Weighs In

In a big win for Alex Murdaugh, South Carolina’s Supreme Court overturned his convictions for the murders of...

Inside Incyte’s $120 Million AI For Drug Development Deal

In this week’s edition of InnovationRx, we look at a new AI drug development deal, a pill for...

‘The Boys’ Series Finale Review: Last Second Salvation

After an extremely uneven final season of The Boys, the final question was how on earth it would...