FBI Seizes Eric Swalwell’s Devices In Sexual Misconduct Probe

Date:

Share post:

Topline

The FBI seized former Rep. Eric Swalwell’s, R-Calif., electronic devices and raided his home in Washington, D.C. over the weekend as part of its probe into sexual misconduct allegations against Swalwell, according to multiple reports.

Key Facts

The FBI confronted Swalwell with a search warrant and took possession of his electronics at the San Francisco airport on Saturday and searched his home in Washington the following day, CNN and the New York Post reported, citing unnamed sources.

Multiple women have accused Swalwell of sexually assaulting them, including a former congressional staffer who alleged Swalwell sexually assaulted her twice when she was too intoxicated to consent, and another woman, Lonna Drewes, who said he drugged, raped and choked her in 2018.

At least a dozen other women described interactions with Swalwell to CNN that made them uncomfortable, which included sending unsolicited nude photos of himself.

Swalwell, who is married, has admitted to “extramarital contact with women,” an attorney for Swalwell, Sara Azari, said previously, but has denied any of the encounters were nonconsensual.

Swalwell resigned from Congress in April shortly after the allegations were made public, a day before ending his bid for California governor.

News of the weekend raid comes after the Trump administration released documents Monday that show Swalwell told the FBI he “occasionally hooked up” with suspected Chinese spy Christine Fang, known as Fang Fang, sometime between 2012 and 2015.

Forbes has reached out to attorneys for Swalwell.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Is The Democratic Party Big Tent Enough For Both DSA And Moderates? Brad Schneider Weighs In

On "Forbes Newsroom," Congressman Brad Schneider (D-IL) discussed the Trump administration proposing that ACA enrollees who can't afford...

Supreme Court Lets White House Ballroom Construction Continue For Now

ToplineThe Trump administration will not have to stop construction yet on its White House ballroom, as the Supreme...

Could Meghan Markle Be Joining Netflix’s ‘The Gentlemen’? What We Know Amid Reported Return To UK

ToplineMeghan Markle, the actress-turned-British royal family member who is moving back to the United Kingdom after a stint...

‘Grand Theft Auto VI’ Leaks Prompt Subpoenas Against Microsoft And Discord

ToplineTake-Two Interactive, the parent company of “Grand Theft Auto VI” developer Rockstar Games, issued subpoenas against Microsoft and...