Could Meghan Markle Be Joining Netflix’s ‘The Gentlemen’? What We Know Amid Reported Return To UK

Date:

Share post:

Topline

Meghan Markle, the actress-turned-British royal family member who is moving back to the United Kingdom after a stint in California, is reportedly in talks to return to acting with a role in the Netflix series “The Gentlemen,” which shoots in England.

Key Facts

Multiple outlets reported Friday that Markle is in discussions to join the third season of “The Gentlemen,” an action comedy series created by Guy Ritchie which stars Theo James.

Deadline, which first reported Markle’s potential role in “The Gentlemen,” said the talks are in “very early stages” and are still “hypothetical” because “The Gentlemen” has not yet been renewed for a third season, citing unnamed sources.

Markle’s potential return to acting was first reported by the Australian news outlet, news.com.au, earlier Friday.

Markle, whose best-known acting role was on the drama series “Suits,” hasn’t acted since she married Prince Harry, though she and her husband launched a production company and signed a partnership with Netflix in 2020 through which they have produced several documentaries and reality series.

Forbes has reached out to Markle’s representatives for comment.

surprising fact

In a 2022 interview with Variety, Markle said she was “done” with acting. “I guess never say never, but my intention is to absolutely not,” Markle said.

Why Are Harry And Meghan Moving Back To The United Kingdom?

Harry and Meghan, who moved from the United Kingdom to California in 2020 after stepping back from their royal duties, are expected to return to the United Kingdom in the coming weeks, multiple outlets reported earlier this week. It is not entirely clear why the couple is moving, but the BBC reported they are not expected to return to their roles as working royals, and they are thought to be relocating to a non-royal residence outside of London. The decision comes one month after Harry and Meghan met with King Charles III and Queen Camilla for what Buckingham Palace called a private family visit. Harry also made a rare visit to London to see his father last year, which came months after Harry told the BBC he would “love a reconciliation” with his family.

tangent

After departing their royal roles, Harry and Meghan embarked on several media ventures to varied success. They started a production company, Archewell Productions, which signed a $100 million, five-year contract with Netflix in 2020. They renewed their deal with Netflix last summer, though reports say the renewal is worth less than the previous deal. Markle released two seasons of “With Love, Meghan,” a lifestyle reality series, which was panned by critics. The couple released a docuseries, “Harry & Meghan,” in 2022, which broke documentary records for Netflix, and they have since produced several more series. Markle also hosted a podcast in 2022, “Archetypes,” which lasted just 12 episodes, and she launched a lifestyle brand, As Ever, in 2025.

key background

Markle began her career as an actress, achieving fame for her role as Rachel Zane in seven seasons of the USA Network’s legal drama series “Suits.” She has also starred in several films, including “Horrible Bosses” (2011), “Random Encounters” (2013) and “Anti-Social” (2015), her last film role before marrying Harry.

further reading

Prince Harry And Meghan Moving Back To U.K. After 6 Years In U.S. (Forbes)

Harry And Meghan Sign New Netflix Deal After All—But For Less Than Previous Mega-Deal (Forbes)

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Is The Democratic Party Big Tent Enough For Both DSA And Moderates? Brad Schneider Weighs In

On "Forbes Newsroom," Congressman Brad Schneider (D-IL) discussed the Trump administration proposing that ACA enrollees who can't afford...

Supreme Court Lets White House Ballroom Construction Continue For Now

ToplineThe Trump administration will not have to stop construction yet on its White House ballroom, as the Supreme...

‘Grand Theft Auto VI’ Leaks Prompt Subpoenas Against Microsoft And Discord

ToplineTake-Two Interactive, the parent company of “Grand Theft Auto VI” developer Rockstar Games, issued subpoenas against Microsoft and...

When Do New Episodes Drop?

Aaron Pierre and Kyle Chandler in "Lanterns."HBO/John JohsonLanterns, HBO and HBO Max’s new DC series starring Kyle Chandler...